Sunflower Granny Square Blanket Free Crochet Patterns
It's sexy to be eco-friendly, and with so many great options it's easier than ever! If you are not sure how to be eco-friendly while still enjoying your favorite hobbies, read on. The easiest way to be eco-conscious is to look at the products you buy. Look for products that are made from renewable raw materials, that are manufactured without the use of chemicals, or that divert items from landfills. Here is a list of 10 yarns that do just that.
1. Alpaca / Lama EcoSoft yarn: This incredibly soft yarn is made from 80% llama fleece and 20% alpaca fleece. It is naturally hypoallergenic and does not shed. The best thing is that it can be machine-washed in the gentle cycle in cold water.
2. Bamboo yarn: This yarn is 100% bamboo. Bamboo is a wonderful renewable resource because it can grow up to 1 to 2 meters per day, depending on the climate in which it is grown. The bamboo yarn is available in 16 different colors and feels soft and silky.
3. Maize yarn: It is one of the newer yarns on the market made from corn fiber. This creates a yarn with a flat but wide thread. It can be used both in the washing machine and in the dryer, which makes the care very easy.
4. 100% hemp: This yarn also comes from renewable resources and is high on the list because hemp produces more fiber, oil and protein than any other plant out there. Hemp fibers are also very strong, which helps keep your knitted parts longer.
5. Nepalese sari yarn made from recycled silk: It is made in Nepal from silk shreds that are produced during the production of saris. This not only creates more jobs for local women, but also keeps the silk scratches from being dumped on a landfill.
6. 100% organic cotton: Made from 100% organically grown cotton without the use of agrochemicals. Natural dyes give the coarse-grained yarn color that is perfect for knitwear.
7. Organic marinogarn: It is made of 100% certified organic wool. For the processing of the wool no aggressive chemicals are used. Soft and durable laundry after washing.
8. Recycled sarong yarn: Workers take recycled Balinese sarongs to make hand-spun yarn. Proceeds from all sales will be used for health care, education and accommodation for families in Nepal and Indonesia. How great is that
9. SeaSilk yarn: You guessed it - this yarn is made partly from algae. About 30% of the yarn consists of algae fibers and the remaining 70% of silk. It is dyed by hand in rich, vibrant colors, making it perfect for bold knit patterns.
10. Soy-silk yarn: It is made from soya proteins that are spun into yarn. Since this yarn is made from soy, it also comes from renewable resources. It has a silky texture, it is soft and best of all, it keeps you warm.