All the steps to gently twist your spine by amazing DYY ambassador @move_yo_asana
Learning yoga is one of the most important decisions you can make in life. Yoga is a great healing and spiritual practice that not only makes you physically fit but also mentally and emotionally healthy. Yoga is a Sanskrit word that means union. Yoga essentially means the union of body, mind and soul. Yoga is an ancient Indian philosophy given by a great Indian sage, Patanjali. Today, yoga is a worldwide phenomenon that helps millions of people reinvent themselves and find their inner or true selves.
So, if you are a freshman, what things should you consider to ensure a brilliant career? We list the ten most important tips for you:
1. Practicing, Practicing: It is crucial to follow a daily exercise plan to improve your yoga posture and alignment, but also to build the necessary self-confidence to succeed as a yoga teacher. It is generally recommended that you practice for at least 2 hours a day for best results. If you become lethargic or complacent, it can affect your career or your future growth.
2. Continue learning: Learning is a continuous process that never stops. Therefore, do not be complacent and stop learning about the latest trends or updates on yoga and other holistic health practices. Subscribe to important yoga journals or blogs and get the latest yoga news or articles.
3. Stay humble: As a yoga teacher, you are responsible for helping people reinvent themselves and connect with their souls. They play an important role in their journey to inner awakening and spiritual liberation. You can only play this role well if you are humble and compassionate. With arrogance, people will not be able to contact you or understand your teachings.
4. Always Be Ready to Help: Your students may need your help at any time. Therefore, you must always take a helping attitude and always be ready to give your students a helping hand. Make sure you're available to your students at all times and give them the guidance they need whenever they need it.
5. Refresh Philosophical Foundations: Yoga is an ancient philosophical science set up by the sage Patanjali. Yoga essentially helps us to understand our true nature and connect with our mind or soul. To be effective in your practice, you need to know the key concepts of yoga and Vedanta. You must have a firm grip on Bhagwat Gita, Yoga Sutras and other Vedanta literature. Bhagwat Gita is essentially a Vedanta literature, hence an important book that you must have read and understood well.
6. Personalize Your Teachings: Since each person has their own spiritual and personal needs, it is always better to personalize your teaching method. This approach will make your practice more effective and beneficial to readers.
7. Sharing and connecting experiences: It works better if you share your experiences with the students so that they can relate to and learn from them. You can connect better and convey your message when told in the form of a story as a theoretical one.
8. Master breathing exercises: Breathing is an essential part of the yoga practice and crucial to achieving the desired results. Therefore, it is very important that you master the concepts and techniques of breathing and teach your students the same. Breathing exercises are the core of the yoga practice; so you just can not get it wrong.
9. Develop Your Unique Practice: Yoga is more about practice than theory. Understand the concepts and create your own style and practice using your own skills and knowledge. Do not be just imitators.
10. Having Integrity: After all, having integrity and being authentic in your practice is very important. Make sure you practice preaching. If you are not faithful to your teachings or your wisdom, it will be quite difficult for the students to contact you. The more honest you will be in your practice; the better the results will be. Do not sacrifice your integrity for personal gain.
Teaching yoga can be a truly rewarding experience for you, not only helping you to reinvent yourself, but also helping others to change their inner world. Follow the tips above and ensure a successful career as a yoga trainer.